Not just a railway tour – a historic run. This recreates the Darjeeling Mail from the 1940’s! The cross‐border train between India and Bangladesh, utilising the border crossing near Siliguri between Haldibari (India) and Chilhati (Bangladesh) is now open!
Fully inclusive price from London: £ 4.595 based on two people sharing
Ground only price (international flights excluded) £ 3,795
Single supplement: £ 595
- Tour Kolkata by private vintage tram, and see India’s busiest station at Howrah
- The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway needs no introduction – our usual unrivalled programme including a three-course dinner as steam blasts its way through the forests, plus steam-hauled charters over the whole of the available length.
- Ride through the length of Bangladesh, including the new luxury international Mitali Express
- Time to see the city of Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh
- A day on a houseboat to explore the waterways of southern Bangladesh
- A visit to see the amazing wildlife in the Sunderbans
- Cross the Indian/Bangladeshi border twice by rail, including the new Chilhati/Haldibari crossing