Touring all the significant two-foot gauge lines in Maine with Adrian and Barbara Shooter, who have been studying these lines for many years. They know them and the people who run them well. This is a very diverse tour with broad appeal, so not just one for narrow gauge enthusiasts. Discover charming New England with its painted wooden houses, glorious scenery and stunning coastline. We will aim for maximum flexibility to allow for different interests.
Fully inclusive price from London £3,995 based on two people sharing
Ground only price (Boston to Boston) £3,395
Extensions to New York from £ 195
Single supplement £1,450
- The Mount Washington Cog Railway, steam hauled to the summit
- Stay at the Mount Washington Hotel where the Bretton Woods agreement was signed
- Behind the scenes and a train ride on the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railway
- Plenty of lobster and the chance to see moose!
- Coastal boat excursion to see lighthouses and the stunning wild coastline
- Special train on the WW&F at Wiscasset, plus the Model T inspection car
- Visit fabulous, fashionable Kennebunkport
- Amazing outlet shopping in Freeport
- Plenty of time to explore historic Boston (and New York)